|Petit Computer 3|
|Developer(s):||SmileBoom Co. Ltd.|
|Release Date:||JP Autumn 2014|
|Preceded by:||Petit Computer|
Petit Computer 3 (Working Title) (プチコン 3号, Puchikon 3gou) is an upcoming downloadable 3DS application first announced for Japanese Nintendo 3DS (XL) systems and developed by SmileBoom Co. Ltd.. It is the successor to Petit Computer (プチコン mkII, Puchikon mkII). A teaser site has been opened on the official SmileBoom site, the page shows text that translate to: "Techniques of the future with new functions" and "Basic says hello again." At the end of the page it's revealed to be for the Nintendo 3DS (XL) (2DS) system and is coming soon.
Expected price is ¥1000 (or around $9.99 USD) and expected release date is sometime 2014. (Subject to change.)
New Editing FeaturesEdit
- Up to 999,999 lines are available. Total character limitiations are currently unknown.
- Syntax highlighting
- Code collapsing (Like a "show/hide" button).
- Undo/Redo buttons and multi-line code copying and pasting.
- You can have the the manual open while programming. When you push the "HELP" button while the cursor is on a command or statement, the Help window opens.
- You can have up to four programs open simultaneously, independently loading and saving in each one.
- New drawing function features. Exact details currently unknown.
- Edit mode length guide (see bottom edge of top screen here.)
Command, Statement and Variable ChangesEdit
- "IF - THEN - ELSE - ENDIF" in several lines, but also "IF - THEN (- ELSE)" in a single line.
- "REPEAT UNTIL" statement similar to Do and Loop.
- Local variables and user-defined functions.
- More dimensions are allowed in arrays... a(x,y,z),a(w,x,y,z)...
- "%" changed to "MOD" like in Microsoft Basic.
- % is now used as a variable suffix to denote integer type (similar to how $ is used to denote string type)
- Real time communication play Statements. Multiple users with Petit Computer 3 can fight in real time.
- Graphic and Sprite location - 320x240
- Color palette system is removed
- More available text characters. European umlaut, cedilla, tilde, etc.
- On Japanese Kana Letter,Voiced sound mark intagrate as 1 chr$.
- Z axis support. Complete range unknown. LOCATE will have it, most, if not all graphic commands seem as if they will have it.
- Polygons will NOT be supported.
- Background Structed by 16x16.
- Larger and can now be rotated by "BGANGLE".
- Background size is much larger than old Petit Computer. Can make scrolling games like "Gradius" easily.
- New maximum sprite size is 512x512.
- Many new default sprites.
- Sprite space greatly increased.
- Sprite palettes have been removed.
- SPOFS now has a Z parameter
New Inputs and OutputsEdit
- The 3DS microphone, camera, and sensors such as the gyroscopic sensor(We can detect vibration) will be supported. It is unknown how or to what extent they will be supported.
- New details suggest that music from KORG DS-12 can be used in Petit Computer 3 (An older version of the KORG DS software)
- Circle Pad Pro (a.k.a. Slider Pad, Slide Pad Expansion) support.
Sharing and Saving ProgramsEdit
- Program files are saved and loaded on the Smileboom server.
- The users can upload and download own files only. If uploader decides to, a "Public Key" stringcan be generated. Other users can download that know the Public Key.
- Other file sharing commands and methods have been removed (QRs, SENDFILE and RECVFILE)
- Some form of desktop support. Extent, further details unknown.
- Battery level visible on touchscreen keyboard.
- Added new Sprites, BEEPs, BGMPLAYs along with the old Petit Computer's material.
- Running Speed - 100 times faster than old Petit Computer
- Not compatible with Petit Computer (mkII)
(*bold indicates largely unknown features*)
Images (Click to expand)Edit
These are QR's for the Nintendo 3DS Camera, not Petit Computer. They demonstrate how the 3D depth function is going to look.
Original sites: http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/html_third_qr.php, http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/third/nd4/, http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/third/nd5/http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm2/third/nd6/
- Physical keyboard support. (As in Pokemon Typing Adventure: http://www.pokemontypingadventure.com/uk/keyboard/)
- "Our president has been or even the mouth and Poro~tsu with in situ (approximately) 10 large secret unknown yet of Puchikon No. 3 among others, you will be notified formally again for more information." - Google Translate
- Unicode support, as evidenced by
CHR$(12530)in the comic strip.
(*bold indicates largely unknown features*)
External Links and sourcesEdit
- Japanese Teaser Site
Information on this page is subject to change.