|Contributor(s):||IAmAPersson, LeviCelJir, Calc84maniac, Randomouscrap98, and a lot more. Watch the in-game credits!|
|Release Date:||August 4, 2013|
|Version:||2.0 PreRelease 2|
Minecraft for Petit Computer! I have spent about eight months in total so far on the project, and am currently in the Beta stage of creation. This was originally called Raycraft, but I changed the name to Minecraft DS after Alpha 1.5. I got the raycaster and raytracer engines from Calc84maniac, but I am working toward making this a Minecraft clone in PTC.
I am aware that there have been no updates in a long time. I am having a hard time getting inspiration to work on the project. I was working on survival inventory (breaking blocks adds to your inventory, and placing removes it from your inventory). After this, I was going to fix up a few final things (like tools, live multiplayer [don't ask how I'll do it; it's a secret], languages, etc.) and release the final version to the public. However, like I said, motivation was not going fast enought, and that is the main reason I give the task of finishing the update to Pokeyoshi19, which will hopefully release the update as planned!
Thank you for your understanding!
- Up and Down - Walk forwards and backwards
- Left and Right - Turn
- A - Walk Right
- Y - Walk Left
- L - Break Blocks
- R - Place Blocks
- X+Up - Sprint
- Start - Pause
- Touch Screen - Use Touch Controls, Change Block, Inventory, and Use Chat
- L+R - Take Screenshot
To execute commands, you have to do section by section. (Example: /nick [enter] &4&lApple&7&oMan&r94 [enter])
Version 2.0 (Beta) Prerelease 2
- Added Nether and new higher quality backgrounds. Old worlds do not need to be converted, but will crash if you try to enter the nether. New worlds will save the nether in the same save file
Version 2.0 (Beta) Prerelease 1
- Improved menus (credit to TwinArmageddonz), TNT that explodes (credit to TwinArmageddonz), skins (credit to LeviCelJir), started translations; so far: German (Deutsch), better world handling, better world creation, day/night cycle, texture pack support, 128x128 and 256x256 maps, and Troll Mode (Spawns 100 slimes. Survive as long as you can. Touching a slime executes CrashPTC)
Version 1.9 (Beta)
- Added many, many more blocks (inventory is a bit glitchy), raytracing (3D ground), more lag-reducing settings, re-added bobbing whilst walking, made final preparations for survival mode implementation
Version 1.8 (Beta)
- Added terrain generator (courtesy of Bluerobin), added nighttime option (courtesy of LeviCelJir), added the option for up to five slimes on your map at once, added mod support (install mods under the @MODS subroutine), added options with render distance, edited intro, changed credits, changed about 400 lines of code for compactness and speed
- Removed Herobrine
Version 1.7.1 (Beta)
- Fixed bug with intro
Version 1.7 (Beta)
- Added sky, sun, clouds, adjusted options menu, more options, /data command (not under /help yet), improved lag, 16x16 textures, physics with sand/gravel, auto world conversion for outdated worlds, redone "Wet Hands" music (redone by randomouscrap98), slimes.
Version 1.6.6 (Beta)
- Added Stevie hand
Version 1.6.5 (Beta)
- Removed fog, reverted textures back to 8x8 for the sake of quality
Version 1.6 (Beta)
- Added inventory, render distance, crappy looking fog, updates to world saving, touch controls.
Version 1.5 (Beta)
- Multiple layers! Added another layer to build on, and made the blocks more Minecraft size instread of, well, mega size. Also added 64x64 worlds, more blocks (sand, cobblestone, bedrock, and gravel) but these are currently unobtainable, re-enabled 32x32 worlds, updates to map saving, crosshair, slightly redone main menu, no more DATA for generating maps, re-enabled chat
Version 1.1 (Beta)
- Added multiple block IDs, bug fixes, lag improvements, and started on a touch GUI
Version 1.0 (Beta)
- Added panorama at menu, splash text, credits (Special Thanks to Randomouscrap98), replaced brick texture with 6 legit Minecraft textures, updated menu
Version 1.5 (Alpha)
- Added toggleable 16x16/32x32 worlds, added pause menu, savable/loadable worlds, sprint button
Version 1.4 (Alpha)
- Added the ability to break/place blocks, fixed glitch where upon colliding with a wall diagonally, the game would crash, adjusted controls, and opened up the world.
Version 1.0 (Alpha)
- Included "Texture Block" (equivalent to texture packs) support (8x8 and 16x16) and main menu.
Version 1.5 (PreAlpha)
- Added commands, chat, ranks, Bukkit formatting codes for chat (&6, &o, &l, etc.), permissions for different ranks, etc. Also changed a few controls for easier movement for left-handed people.
Version 1.0 (PreAlpha)
- When I first got the program. Included 1 8x8 brick texture, walking, and jumping.
NOTE: These updates have not been made/published yet and may never be!
ANOTHER NOTE: Italicized means that a feature is completed.
Version 2.0 (Beta)
Survival Update. The test (not the final) will only be released to a few chosen people.
- Damage caused by Slimes, and eventually death
- Survival inventory
- World generation able to spawn what you need
- Redo menus (again), and it also means New font.
- Add language support for German, French, and Japanese
- A lot of bug fixes
- And probably more! (You know, secrets...)
Minecraft DS wird auf Deutsch in Minecraft-2.0 sein!
Minecraft DS sera aussi en Français!
- Will add a better survival experience and more features. The last update I will make. :(
To view the QR codes full size, either middle-click the picture or click on it and click "View full size image".
- Nothing I need right now, but always be checking back! :D
~~Pokeyoshi19's news about the update!~~
August 17th: Welp, summer's almost over and this is my first edition of the Yoshi News. Actually, I'm focusing on making the new menu that will look exactly like the one in Minecraft(TM). However, it might take longer to scan now... Maybe 6 more QRs? I also have done the French translation. I will post the Yoshi News every 2 weeks to tell you how the update is going. C'ya people!
- IAmAPersson - Main Developer/Programmer
- Leviceljir - Co-Developer
- Pokeyoshi19 - Co-Developer
- Calc84maniac - Raycasting and Raytracing Engines
- Bluerobin - Terrain Generator
- Randomouscrap98 - Music
- BonChoi - Assistance
- Ralph - Assistance
- TwinArmageddonz - Assistance
See the full credits in-game from the main menu!
The Free-Use License
Copyright (c) 2013 Persson Creations
In downloading this program, permission is given to ANY and ALL users to use and edit this software. However, this software may NOT be redistributed to ANYONE without permission from IAmAPersson, even if unedited. If this is ignored, the redistributed program will be reported and deleted ASAP.
This software comes AS IS. It comes with NO warranty whatsoever. If the program does not work as expected, the user MAY report the problem to IAmAPersson, but NO certainty is given that it will be fixed. IAmAPersson is NOT responsible for ANY damages, including but not limited to the user's device and/or the software due to misuse.
The software name "Minecraft DS" belongs completely to IAmAPersson, and may NOT be used as a name for ANY other program.
If this software is redistributed rightly according to the regulations of this license, the redistributor is REQUIRED to include this license with his/her copy of "Minecraft DS," along with a link to the original program. The user is also required to give a disclaimer, stating that he/she is NOT the original creator of the software, and give credit appropriately.
By downloading "Minecraft DS," any and all users agree to follow ALL points stated in this license, and to use this program rightly in all ways, shapes, AND forms.
Where You Can Find Me
I can be found on the NintendoLife Petit Computer Forums.
If you have a question about programming and you with for an answer not-on-forum, use my Message Wall!
I am also on the Special Chat a lot!
I do not give out my email, so do not even ask.
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831